Monday is Floor Day in the Tracer household. I should be vacuuming the carpet and sweeping the wood floor in preparation for weekly mopping. I’ll get to it, but first I have to take this lid out of my back pocket–a lid, like the kind you find on food storage containers, which I found in my son’s closet, sans (or is it sine) container, and thankfully, also sine ancient food.
I picked the junk up off my son’s floor, which has been looking much better this past week. I turned to the bed and realized that he still hasn’t made it. I’ve been after him to do this for a week and last night he said he had, but for him, that seems to only involve putting the bottom sheet on and not the top sheet. I did change his pillowcase for him but when he gets home tonight, I am going to ask again if he has made the bed and then stop whatever I am doing to go see if he has finished it.
Making the bed:
- take off old sheets
- put old sheets in hamper
- take off old pillowcase
- put old pillowcase in hamper
- put on new sheets–top and bottom. Bottom sheet is fitted–has elastic
- put new pillow case on pillow
- put pillow at head of bead
- arrange coverlet neatly over sheets on bed
Steps 1-6 are for changing the bed clothing, so really, Tad, you only have to do steps 7-8 everyday.
I always wonder
- why I don’t do other things with my time, aside from garner continuing education credits like a squirrel gathering nuts–I really wish I could find a part time job that would take me away from the Daily Mess
- why the entry way to our house is such a disaster area
- why there are all of these stacks of papers lying around
- why doesn’t someone do something about all this?
All right, back to the mess. Time someone took care of things.
- 6 Quick Tips On How To Make A Bed (hellobeautiful.com)